Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello 2013

And we're back!

Yes, it has been a long time. When I embarked on the creation of this blog, I underestimated the time and patience it would demand of me. The past two months I have been engulfed in studying for the GREs, leaving me little time for self reflection and expression. With much relief, I have taken the exam, and can now give my full and undivided attention to the more important aspects of life.


I have quite a lot of insights, pictures, and news to share.


I will start with some pictures from my trip to Istanbul this past December. I spent 5 days in the magnificent city with some friends from America. A spontaneous trip, which truly defied all my expectations. The city now rests quite high up on my list of favorite European/Middle-East destinations.  Check them out below:



Basilica Cistern

Steven Zweig, a sign of peace, Nobless, and a great conversation with a Zoroastrian Kurd

Sultan Ahmed Mosque/Blue Mosque


Cherubs of the Hagia Sophia 


A boat ride on the Bosphorus

A night of Raki and Balik- traditional Turkish Anise liqueur and fresh fish

No comments:

Post a Comment